top 5 wednesdays

T5W: Series I want to start next year

12/23/2015

Wow, it was really hard for me to make a list for this T5W*, mainly because this was the year I actually committed to my reading, so there are many series -completed, uncompleted, popular, non-so-popular, etc.- that I haven't had the chance to read. That said, let's begin!










5. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
When The Darkest Minds was released I remember saying to myself: "I am gonna like this one". But back then it was really hard to find a place to buy books that also delivered to my country, and that the shipping rates weren't so high. It wasn't until I switched to digital format that I was able to get all the books in the series at a reasonable price. 

4. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
I have not read any book by Cassandra Clare, I know she is a very popular best-selling author but, to be honest, I am dreading it is all hype. This is the first series of her I am giving a chance and if I like it, I will continue onto reading the Mortal Instruments. Since I know the share the same universe but different timelines, I am not too worried I will start this one first.

3. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
With both, the last book and the movie coming out soon, I feel like I have to hurry up and read this one as soon as possible; I read the first chapter a couple of months ago but after reading so many bad reviews I got a little bit discouraged, but I think I got over it now. 

2. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
This highly popular series has been tempting me for a few months, but I haven't had the courage to commit to it, mainly because it gives me the vibe of it being one of those high maintenance series (does that make any sense?).

1. Fever by Karen Marie Moning
Two of my favorite booktubers have recommended this series several times, claiming it is highly entertaining and addictive. It wasn't until last month that I was able to get all the books in this series, I can't wait to start it!

Which series on this list have you read? Are you starting any new series next year? 

*T5W was created by Lainey from GingerReadsLainey.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. The Falling Kingdom series is also on my list. I didn't put any of the others that you put on yours, but I am interested in The Darkest Minds as well. Who are the BookTubers who have talked about Fever? I've never heard of this author or these books, but I am intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lainey (GingerReadsLainey) and Lindsey Rey, but also several other reviewers like Regan (PeruseProject), Shelby (FlyingMonkeyReads), they all have either talked about it on YouTube or GoodReads.

      Delete
  2. I love The Darkest Minds and The 5th wave! They're both great books :-) I actually wrote a review for The 5th Wave that might get you into the mood to read it again: http://a-thousand-books.blogspot.de/2015/06/book-review-5th-wave-by-rick-yancey.html

    And I also can't wait to read Falling Kingdoms! It's on my T5W as well :)

    Great post!!

    Gina @ A Thousand Books <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thanks for sharing your review and T5W list, I will check them out!

      Delete
  3. I'm hoping to get to The Fifth Wave as well! I've owned it for quite a while and now that the movie is out, I want to read it before it releases. I hope you like the Infernal Devices! I read the first book this year and liked it. I also did a T5W this week!

    Happy Holidays! :D

    Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and sharing you T5W list, I will make sure to check it out.

      Oh I hope I will like The Infernal Devices too, I even joined a Read-along group on GoodReads and in 1 year you read all the books on The Infernal Devices and The Mortal Instruments series and the first books on The Dark Artifices. I am very excited about it, it would be my first read-along group.

      Delete

SUBSCRIBE

This week's popular post